Code P0122

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had to put in my gasket on my aftermarket throttle body and afterwards my CEL came on and I went and got it scanned and I believe the code was a Code P0122. What can be the cause of it? How can it be fixed?

I looked at the FAQ on the left column (3rd one from the top). It has to do with the Throttle Position(ing) Sensor on the driver's side of the throttle body.

I have done similar mods that you have. I re-installed my TPS incorrectly and basically busted something inside the TPS.

FOR YOU:

Start with the wires, make everything isnstalled correctly: make sure the TPS is not damaged. Make sure that the TPS gear on the interior side that mounts to the Throttle Body, CAN recoil back to its resting position.

When in doubt email Todd direct or call. Look at the site sponsor/current sponsor on the left.

Replace the TPS sensor. This is a common code that people get when the TPS is damged while installing an aftermarket Throttle baody.

Paul H

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to match the TPS rotation to the rotation of the TB. Line it up wrong they will break..