CoastieJoe

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Poole

Reaction score
Kevin,

I need the following parts, they go to a 1998 Taurus with the 24V engine.

I need the computer(PCN?) the GEN module, the PATS module and the keys and cylinders(Ignition, trunk, Driver&passenger door) They must all come out of the same vehicle to preclude compatibility issues. I have a 98 Taurus that somebody gave me, I think that the motor is slag, but I cannot verify unless the car turns over or tries. It came with no keys, I went to the dealer to get the car keys cut. I used the number on the L/S shock tower to verify the computer module number and pulled out the PCM(Car computer) to make sure that it matched with the sticker on the shock tower. It does, I tried to crank the car and according to the Tech, there is a conflict with the car PATS system and the keys, so the car don't even try to turn over. If your family shop has anything like it in stock, I would appreciate an estimate. I have been looking all over EBAY to find a *trashed* Taurus with a 24V for a few weeks and to no avail. the only ones I have seen are in California and the Northeast.:wacko:

I thank you for your time

Bob

Give me your zip code and I will see the closest location to you that has the car. It may be better for you to pull these type of items as opposed to pay them to do so and then freight on top of it.

Robert-

Try LKQ in Jenkinsburg. A local salvage yard or dealer body shop should have a contract with them and allow you to have it delivered to them.

Which of the following four do you have?

6-183 (3.0L), OHV (Vulcan), gasoline (VIN U or 4), from 7/13/98

6-183 (3.0L), OHV (Vulcan), gasoline (VIN U or 4), thru 7/12/98

6-183 (3.0L), OHV (Vulcan), flex fuel (VIN 1 or 2)

6-183 (3.0L), DOHC (VIN S, Duratec)

Latest posts