Climate control lamps are out

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Nicholson

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what is involved in changing the bulbs behind the climate controls? Fan speed as well as climate mode are out. I have searched the forum and I see lots of threads talking about the instrument cluster but haven't found anything on the climate controls.

I have an 03 trac

thanks....

I think you a 1/4" socket to remove the two bolts directly above the heater controls.

next you need to start wiggling the frame around the radio towards you, stick your thumb in the cigarette lighter for a better grip. Or carefully pry the trim plate with something flat like a screwdriver, this will pull the radio out as well, you will probably want to disconnect some of the wiring harnesses once you get it out. I havent replaced my bulbs so you will have to figure out the rest yourself.

If there is a wrecking yard near you go have a look at some stripped dash boards to see if you want to give it a go on your own. :supercool:

After that, there should be 4 bolts, same size as the bezel bolts, I believe. Should be 2 bulbs behind the controls. I can't quite remember the size, but I believe it is bulb #168.

Would it help any to remove the radio first?

I'm asking this, because removing the radio is easy, if you have the radio-removal tool, which costs a few bucks on ebay or a few more from a BestBuy store.

Maybe this will help a bit.

aec3c542fc3cce4a8cc29935b13e586f.jpg

d5713f19e557a7e36f9a021df27e6fe9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: