Climate control acting up

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Stadnicki

Reaction score
Driving home yesterday I noticed all my driver?s side vents are blowing warm/hot air while the passenger side vents were blowing cold with AC on. It has dual auto AC and I keep it set at 75*. I tried all modes- Auto on/off, dual on/off, max AC on/off, differnt temps and all vent modes with no luck getting it to blow cold on drivers side. I finally got drivers side to blow cool air if I set the fan speed manually high for about 30 seconds. Then it would work in auto for about 20min and go back to blowing hot on drivers side only. It's a 2010 V6 limited with 116,000 miles on it. Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

I think your problem's different, but my previous 07 Limited's AC acted up - I lost all control over temp, modes, fan speed. Problem turned out to be the fan motor resistor and was a very simple fix. The part was ~$45. My DIY is posted in Maintenance section of Projects. Though you may have a different culprit, the pictures may help with familiarization, how to access, etc. Link below is to site sponsor Fast Parts Network - the diagram may give you some ideas, say like Control Module.

Thanx Vic for your response. I did some google searching and found the below self test. I got code 2266 which is the driver's side blend door actuator. I cleared the code and it seems to be working. If it acts up again, I got something to this weekend now.

HVAC MODULE - EATC ON-DEMAND SELF TEST

The HVAC Module - EATC On-Demand Self Test will retrieve on-demand (hard fault) DTCs only, it will not retrieve continuous DTCs. Continuous DTCs can be cleared when exiting the HVAC Module - EATC On-Demand Self Test. Make sure to retrieve continuous DTCs by carrying out the HVAC Module - EATC - Retrieve Continuous DTCs procedure before clearing any continuous DTCs.

- The HVAC Module - EATC On-Demand Self Test will not detect concerns associated with data link messages like engine coolant temperature or vehicle speed signals. A scan tool must be used to retrieve these concerns.

- The HVAC Module - EATC On-Demand Self Test will detect concerns in the system control functions and will display on-demand (hard fault) DTCs for concerns that are present during the self-test. The vehicle interior temperature should be between 4?C-38?C (40?F-100?F) when carrying out the self-test. If the temperatures are not within the specified ranges, false DTCs may be displayed.

- The self-test can be initiated after cycling the ignition switch from OFF to ON. Normal operation of the climate control system stops when the self-test is activated.

- To enter the self-test, press the OFF and DEFROST buttons simultaneously and release, then press the AUTO button within 2 seconds . The display will show a flashing blower icon for 20 seconds , after which all vacuum fluorescent segments will be displayed if there are no on-demand DTCs present. If DTCs are present, the HVAC module - EATC will display "00 00" and then on-demand DTCs. Record all DTCs displayed.

- If any DTCs appear during the self-test, carry out the diagnostic procedure. Refer to the HVAC Module DTC Chart and follow the ACTION for each DTC given. See: Diagnostic Trouble Code Tests and Associated Procedures\HVAC Module DTC Chart

- If a condition exists, but no DTCs appear during the self-test, GO to Symptom Chart Condition: The EATC System Is Inoperative, Intermittent or Incorrect Operation. See: Symptom Related Diagnostic Procedures

- To exit the self-test and retain all DTCs, press any button except DEFROST. The HVAC module - EATC will exit the self-test and retain all DTCs.

- To exit the self-test and clear all DTCs, press the DEFROST button. The HVAC module - EATC will exit the self-test and all DTCs will be cleared.

- Always exit the self-test before powering the system down (system turned OFF). Once the self-test is exited, the ignition switch must remain ON for at least 30 seconds to allow the door actuators to automatically recalibrate.

- Continuous DTCs will be deleted after 80 ignition switch ON cycles after the intermittent fault occurs.

Last edited by a moderator: