Cleaning Inside of '04 Adrenaline Rims

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Stehle

Reaction score
I'm going to be buying new tires soon, and I want to get rid of the pitting on the inside of my rims. They are chrome on the outside, but look like aluminum on the inside. They've been badly neglected, but the chrome on the outside still looks great (after hours of scrubbing brake dust off). most of the pitting is in the little crevices on the back side of the spokes, but there is some that shows from the front if you're looking for it. Can I sand/polish the inside of the rim to remove the pitting? Also, cleaning the crevices behind the spokes would be a nightmare, should I even bother? I was thinking about just trying to remove the bulk of it with a dremel or something before I get new tires on and balanced.

If they're bare aluminum on the inside, you could try a mag wheel spray cleaner (etching type), I'd just be careful not to get it on the chrome fronts. I had a set of aluminum wheels on my Corvette years ago that I used it on, all it took was letting the stuff sit for a few minutes then hosing it off, they'd look brand new.

Latest posts