cleaning concrete

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millie Peters

Reaction score
We're getting ready to move into our new home, there are stains on the driveway Rog would like to get rid of. He has used a hand wire brush with kitty litter. I suggested he just let the litter lay on the stains for a few days & perhaps the heat will help bleach it out. Any other suggestions? Thanks Millie & Rog

Maybe not the safest way but it works GREAT!

Get some gasoline, pour it on the stain, then pour kitty liter or oil dry onto the gas.

DO NOT brush it around or sweep or try to work it into the concrete. Simply let it stand. Go back to it in about 10 minutes or so. Sweep it up. The stain will be gone in most cases. The Kitty litter seems to absorb the dirt. It will be an ultra fine powder.

You can even re-use the kitty litter for other stains. Once the liter changes color to all gray, throw it away as it can not absorb any more dirt.

See.... I told you.

I found this out by accident. We were working in our shop. One of the guys knocked over a bucket full of gas we had drained from a tank, (we were installing a new fuel pump).

So we threw oil dry all over it to contain it. Finished the fuel pump job. Swept up the oil dry and were totally shocked. We could see the garage floor, it looked like brand new concrete.

This stuff works the best out of anything I have ever tried. I had a an old Buick Century that leak tranny fluid all over my garage floor. This stuff made the stain nearly DISAPPEAR... just a slight discoloration left, but barely noticable, you really have to look close to see.

Latest posts