cleaning clading

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Thorne

Reaction score
Hi all

i remeber a while back someone saying that a product called Back to Black or something like that was good for cleaning the clading, especially the back bumper, my 05 is starting to go white. I have never seen it in Ontario but I happen to find myself in Erie Pa tonight. Who carries the stuff as I am the chaufer on a pre school shopping trip and only have limited my time to look for stuff like this. I know there is an autozone and Napa near by.

Any help would be great!!

You know what works awesome, is Armorall tire foam. The stuff you spray and walk away. I had a can sitting in the garage and dont use it on my tires anymore because of my new wheels. I tried it on the cladding and nothing has made it look better and shine and super easy to do.

Try it, you will like it!

If you are planning on keeping the truck why not just have them re-painted? The plastic step part of the running boards on my Adrenalin are looking a little chalky compared to all the black around it. I am either going to have them painted or just buy new ones for around $70 a piece ($140 for both) my cost.

None of the tire cleaners/dressings are going to last long term, but they will work short (2-3 weeks). If you have a newer truck, you might want to try some 303 - has good UV protection in it. If they are already looking bad, as mine are, you can keep adding the dressing every month or so, or you can re-paint/coat them (which won't last forever either)

Latest posts