cigar lighter circuit

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j Schmidty

Reaction score
Does anybody know what exactly is on the circuit with the cigar lighter and the computer port? I have looked at the circuit and only know of those 2 things. Something is drawing power, but the the 2 things I know of that are on it look absolutley normal/fine. If I go to put in a fuse, it sparks up and blows the fuse instantly, so I know something is drawing power from or esle it is grounding out somewhere. If it is grounding out due to exposed wires, then I am really bummed out. Italso means that I won't be able to get the xcal2. :(

Thanks for all of your help.

Could it possibly be an interior light? I'm assuming your door is open when you attempt to put the fuse in. Just a guess.

It has to be grounding out somewhere..that's what would blow the fuse like that. That wiring is pretty easy to trace. With noting plugged in and no fuse, use a multimeter and check the load side of the fuse and see if there is a closed circuit to ground. That will tell you if it's grounding out.

You could always disconnect both power wires at the cig and computer ports and run new ones to them.

Latest posts