Chrysler announces LIFETIME powertrain warranty

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it was mentioned above but I'll repeat it. The lifetime warranty is only valid for the original owner of the vehicle, which makes this less impressive. I tend to drive my vehicles into the ground but I'm know I fall into a very small percentage of owners.

Apparently, the only fly in the ointment is that the new warranty applies to the original owner and is not transferable

I traded a 2007 Wrangler Sahara when I ordered my '07

Sport Trac. Quality was horrible. Hardtop leaked like a sieve.

Very poorly constructed. A lifetime warranty would never

bring me back to Chrysler.

Actually, Toyota recalled MORE vehicles then they made last year.

That news never made it to the public. Proof that the media is biased to imports. I wonder who is padding who's hand?

LOL. As if your not biased Caymen. You need to read a little more about those Toyota recalls.

"As it turns out, the recalls are part of Toyota’s customer satisfaction strategy. It’s all about “detecting and fixing quality problems early, often before customers even notice them.” Observes Chance Power of J.D. Power: “What we tend to see is that if a customer receives a recall notice before their car exhibits any symptoms, they don’t see it as a problem.” The high number of recalls is also because of “Toyota’s own efficiency. Rather than re-engineering parts, it shares components among many models. So when something goes wrong, as it did recently with the steering shaft on the Prius and ten other (non-U.S.) models, the recall number is high."

TomT,,,you can call customer satisfaction or Toyota efficiency all you want. If it requires a recall, "IT Is broken or poorly engineered, sheesh"!!!:p

I think the significance of the recall is important too. The cruise controls which set fire to several vehicles and houses was much more serious than most of the little minor issues with Toyota. I also know that Ford has a history of not recalling vehicles until it is imposed upon them. This goes back to the exploding Pintos and the transmission in my Maverick that would jump into reverse on its own if I left it idling unattended. Fords fix for my transmission in that Maverick was a warning sticker that they mailed to me. I had to stick it on my visor per their instruction sheet.. It didn't fix anything. :wacko:

They are slow to update thier website.... I was online "building" a Wrangler Unlimited 4-door 4X4 and it still shows 3/36 for warranty. :) Got to do something with all the money I'm making out here on deployment and not getting to spend :(

Of course, by the time I get back, the '08's will be out.

We got our brand new, 2007 Pacifica in late April, 07.

I was listening to a local carshow on the radio this AM (Saturday), and a Chrysler rep was being interviewed about the new warranty. He stated that '07 owners who bought before last Thursday could get the lifetime powertrain warranty for a "nominal amount."

So, since I was in the car and driving past the Chrysler dealer, I figured I would stop by and inquire.

Chrysler's idea of a "nominal amount" is $900 for a $0 deductible powertrain warranty, and $750 for the $100 deductible.

So, if you bought last Wednesday (or in my case, April) that's what you get. If you bought on Thursday, it's $0. Oh, and those prices are for 60 days...after that, they double.

I guess Chrysler's idea of "nominal" isn't the same as mine.

Jeez!

TJR

I wonder if that wil bring up their slumping sales??

I think the Nitro looks good but sales have been absolutely flat on that vehicle. I saw one on the road today, which makes it only about the 3rd one I've seen.

It has great rugged styling and the prices seem reasonable. Even all the reviews were good...So why arn't they selling more...Perhaps it's the gas mileage?

...Rich

I'll chime in on this. I would like to wait until the fine print is out. Most all the DCX vehicles, Compass, Nitro, Sebring, etc are duds. Dealers couldn't sell any of these cars and dealers were complaining big time about this. I heard whispers this will be a limited time promotion. Since powertrain is covered under unlimited miles and the average vehicle lasts 5-7 years, only time will tell. A stat I read in the paper is 60-70 percent of DCX units are leased. Wonder if this stat will change.