Christmas Spirit bad then good!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darrel Chaney01

Reaction score
We had a house broken into on Christmas Eve here in town. When the mother and her 2 sons came Christmas morning, they found the house broken into and only the kids presents were stolen. Now the good news. The officers that responded got together with other officers, 911 staff and another person that donated a lot of money. One officer contacted the manager of a local who came and opened up for them so they could buy some new presents. They wrapped them and delivered them to the family. This family had little money and most of the presents were clothes which the boys needed. I bet the police brought more than were originally had.

On the news tonight they said that there was no forced entry, so it had to be someone that knew the family and they felt there would be an arrest soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they catch them..:angry:

Otherwise it was great the help they got..:D

We have had some burlaries in the 5 nieghborhoods that are adjacent to ours. The cops have been catching jr high students skipping school, doing most of it.:angry:

My ex g/f had her apartment broken into on Christmas Eve.. Luckily they caught the 2 guys who did it. She got back everything but a laptop and dvd player. Insurance is paying for those things though.

Unfortunately this type of thing happens every year, the stealing of Christmas presents that is. There have been a half dozen or so news stories this year about houses being broken into and presents stolen, to my knowledge none in my immediate area. Last year a police department in the southern part of the state did about the same thing for a family that had all their presents stolen. They actually got the exact same things that were taken for the family, they had a list of what was taken for the report, so they went around and got all, or almost all the same things and delivered them on Christmas Eve, the break in happened a few days prior to Christmas.

Back in '83 the apartment I was in got burglarized. They caught t.hem, got some of it back The thing is it takes awhile to get over the violated feelings. Then it leaves a skeptic caution forever. At least for me it has.

I don't think you ever get over your house being broken into. We had our house broken into in 69 when I was just a kid and it still bothers me. We have an alarm system and I catch myself double checking to make sure the doors are locked. The real truth is, no matter what you do, if someone wants to get in there someone that can get in.

The real reason I posted this was to show the Christmas spirit of giving. These people didn't have to do anything besides their job. The manager of the business could have said It's Christmas day, I'm with my family, call me tomorrow, but he didn't. He dropped what he was doing, opened the store so this family could have a good Christmas. With all the bad things going on in the world, stories like this just make your day.

To me this was a perfect opportunity to show what Christmas is really all about. Not just spending gobs of money on those we know, but also remembering those less fortunate.

I prefer to focus on the positive. For some strange reason we seem to gravitate to the negative, we are constantly inundated with sad and tragic happenings, rarely do we remember the actions and attitudes of those who display goodwill under the circumstances.

And rarer still do we take those examples and incorporate them into our daily lives.

D-

Latest posts