Check out this deal, need your input

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Walker

Reaction score
We finally settled on a FreeStyle. Heres the numbers:

Suggested retail 28850.00 Invoice cost 26469.00

Destination & Delivery $675.00

Family Plan Cost $26364.55

What intriges me is that the sheet they gave me has the

X-Plan cost $27469.53

D-Plan Cost $26464.55

A/Z Plan Cost $26364.55

Looks like they took out the holdback($865) and dealer financing costs($230) too.

So when they where doing the numbers they started with $26364.55, added Reg Fee of $165 (I'll give them that), $195 Document Fee (Not sure on this) and $165 for Insurance? WTF is that? I have to give them the tax, for a total of $28493.02.

So I'm not to sure of the Doc fee and that Insurance thing.

Kinda going to make the deal by tomorrow night, let me know what you think?

John,

In my area doc fees are the norm. Range anywhere from $199 - $499 depending on dealer. As far as a I know, there is no way around that fee. Insurance is always optional. No dealer can force you into insurance. If they say no deal because of it, walk away and go else where. Other than tax and tag fees (plus doc fee) that should be all you pay unless you opt for insurances. You're getting a good deal on the vehicle, just read the fine print very carefully when it comes to additional fees. Hope this helps.

MK ..... The "other" Mark

P.S. I sold cars for a couple years so I know what they'll try and sneek in and cohorse (sp?) you into buying once you're in the finance office.

My Doc. fee was only $50. Maybe it is the differrence of area in the country. I have heard of people negotiating the Doc fee. That is just free money to the dealer.

Latest posts