Check Out This 2009 STA's Tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrainTrac

Reaction score
Just came across this on CarDomain. Not sure if he put these tires on his new STA for winter, or if they're permanent replacments.:blink:

[Broken External Image]:

I think that looks awesome. I like that kind of look, more rugged. But i know that most of the current STA owners, want to lower it.

Humm, that looks pretty good. Since I am in Vancouver as well, I will try and find this guy and get him on the site so all you other STA owners can give him heck for doing that. :D

Brant

i like them a lot. Love the lift too.

Its probably what I'd do if I were able to afford one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like it.

The 2nd generation trac's look better with a lowered stance IMO, especially the Adrenalins.

I LIKE MY LOWERED TRUCK! HEE HEE

I did not think that a lift kit was available either!? Sad that it takes so much to lower this truck but there is already a lift kit for it out there.....I guess he used the stock struts too!?

From reading Truxxx site, looks like he used the Front kit only for the F150, it is spacer plates that go in between the upper coil over mount and the body...

Plus his ST looks a little higher in the front them the rear..

Todd Z

Personally, I think it's fugly. The STA is intended to have the appearance of a "street rod", or "street performance" truck. That was the original intent as shown with the 2005 STA concept designed by SVT.

Imagine how an F150 Lightning would look lifted, or at least with off-road tires.:wacko:

But, that's just my opinion, for whatever it's worth.:D

I don't mind those tires and would like them if they were on a different package. I think Train Trac pretty much hit it on the nose. If this were an actual 4X4 and outfitted as such they would look good. The Adrenalin from Fords own remarks
"Sport Trac goes from the tough and dirty adventure vehicle you're familiar with to a mean and clean street machine with the new Sport Trac Adrenalin, an aggressively styled all-new street tuner with urban attitude"
This in my opinion classifies it as a sport truck; a lift and those tires don't come to mind when I think of a sport truck. This is what I envision when I think of sport trucks

However if he likes it that's all that matters because he is the only one he has to impress.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Blake,

I'm running 1.25" spacers up front and 1.5" spacers in the rear.

The most recent pics in my library do not show that stance though (which i love). Those pictures are from when I was running 1.25" spacers on both front and rear.

Latest posts