check engine

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy reilly

Reaction score
I keep getting check engine light. XCAL shows code P1450, unable to bleed up tank vacuum. Anyone else have this problem.. Whats the fix?

i have no experience with it but this is out of the FAQ's and could start you on the right path or at least narrow it down a little :

Monitors the fuel vapor vacuum and pressure in the fuel tank. The system failure occurs when the EVAP running loss monitor detects excessive fuel tank vacuum with the engine running (but not at idle).

Blockages or kinks in EVAP canister tube or EVAP canister purge outlet tube (between fuel tank, EVAP canister purge valve and EVAP canister)

Fuel filler cap stuck closed (no vacuum relief)

Contaminated fuel vapor elbow on EVAP canister

Restricted EVAP canister

CV solenoid stuck open (partially or fully)

Plugged CV solenoid filter

EVAP canister purge valve stuck open

VREF circuit open (harness near FTP sensor, FTP sensor or PCM)

Damaged FTP sensor

In the days when my 2007 was young I kept getting a check engine light and the dealer said the code was something about an evap leak (can't quite remember). I was in a couple of times, eventually Ford had some sort of software fix and I never saw the problem again... well I never saw the check engine light again. I'm at 61K miles n ow and just traded my 2007 for a 2010.

I got under the trac and checked the connection to the solenoid and it had some water in it. It was probably about 1/2 an ounce. Not sure if that was the cause. We'll see.