Check engine light

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Smith

Reaction score
Today I filled the ST up with gas and went and washed it. Drove it home and everything is working and running fine. We load the truck up to go to my daughters house for x-mas dinner. When I started the ST the check engine light came on. So I shut it off and restarted it the C.E.L. light comes on again. I decided to drive it anyway. It is only 25 miles one way with some city/highway miles. The ST drove just like it always had before. The C.E.L. light still on. We stayed 4 hours and drove it home with the C.E.L. on still. I thought this really sucks this ST only has only 14,000 miles on it and it is a 2005 XLT Premium. When we got home I got on-line to this site and did a search on C.E.L. I read to unhook the battery for 15 minutes or so. (Even tapped the break light a couple times like Todd said). I hooked the battery back up and restarted (WOLA) no C.E.L. I let it run a few minutes and shut it off and restarted the ST, the light is still off. :wub:

I just wanted to say thank you to mysporttrac.com and all of its members.

Merry Christmas

Happy New Year

Happy Holidays to all.

Thanks,

Mark S

Mine came on last week when I was driving home from work. I drove home with it on and I noticed that it did not shift up into over-drive. I got home, shut off the ST, started it back up and went for a ride. No problems since. This has happened to me about a 6-7 times since 2002.

Latest posts