Check engine light

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Bartman

Reaction score
Hello all my check engine light came on and I went to advanced auto to get the code read and the tool said it was the exhaust gas recovery so the guy told me that the EGR valve was probably bad since I have 145,000 on my truck and when he was looking the EGR valve up he saw that there was an electronic part for the EGR also but he thought it was the valve so I bought it and installed it last night and today the check engine light came on again and it runs alittle rough at slow speeds soI dont know if I should buy the electronic part for the EGR or if anyone can give me any ideas of what it might be thank you

Did you get the actual code?

I might suggest the EGR pressure sensor (DPFE sensor). It has two vacuum lines running to it, sometimes these lines degrade and leak kicking the EGR code.

DPFE sensor 99% of the time, on our motors. Very seldom the EGR or the solenoid to it. Also at your milage the egr seat may be only carbon dirty.

FYI, always post the problem and the code on this board before you buy anything. There is years of knowledge about our tracs on here. 99.9% error free info, amongst our members.

This site is a wealth of info, and helpful folks.:supercool:

Latest posts