Check Engine Light (Atlanta)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Martin

Reaction score
Anyone in the Metro Atlanta area have a reader? My Check Engine light came on today and I would hate to have to pay a bunch of $$$ to the dealer to just find out why it came on.

Most any major parts chain will read codes for free. They make money selling the parts. Even when the sales person doenst have a clue as to what the real fix is.

Sorry I had to throw that in there.:lol:.. I grew up in the day when the parts counter guy was a real gearhead.:rolleyes:

Disclaimer; This is not to offend our members that are parts guys, that are gearheads. For those of you who are. I bet you work with some in parts, that dont have a clue..;)

Once you find the code out, I STRONGLY suggest you do NOTHING until you tell us the code..

Just ask all those out there that have replaced the O2 Sensor due to a lean code...

P0191 single code. Looks like it is the 02 sensor. The guy at AutoZone in Woodstock was very helpful it reading and cross referencing it for me. Even told me the prices of the sensor but didn't try to sell them to me.

P0191comes up with.... Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor CKT Range/Perf

The trac doenst have fuel pressure sensor to my knowledge..

YEA WATCH OUT IF ITS AN EMMISSION PROBLEM.. EVERY AUTO ZONE I WENT TO SOLD ME SOMETHING DIFFERENT UNTIL I REPLACED A LINE W/SOME O2 TUBING FROM WORK. NO MORE PROBLEMS. JW

My bad. I was trying to remember the code number, as I was too lazy to go downstairs to the garage and get the print out. It's P0171, not the P0191. Guess it's old age catching up with me! :eek:

Latest posts