Check engine light after changing plugs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, I need help. I have changed my plugs in my 01 ST. Now my check engine light is on. The truck runs better, and doesn't miss anymore. I love the new plugs, but whats up wth the CEL? If anybody has had this problem let me know. I'll go to Autozone later and have them check.

Thanks

Maybe you pulled a sensor connector or a vacuum hose loose. Give a look around. Still, see what the code is.

If you get a missfire code..check all your plug wire conections..if one is not snaped all the way onto the plug it can throw that code...because of the high energy spark you may not feel the missfire...

I'm guessing you used the correct spark plugs and not something like SplitFires? I put splitfires into an OBD2 vehicle ONE TIME and they didn't stay in there long. The computer did NOT like the splitfires at all. No matter how many times I checked things, my check engine light came on after I had it reset. The only way to get it to go off was to put the manufacturer's recommended plugs in it. I don't know if the tracs have this problem or not though. It's supposed to have platinum plugs.

took the ST to AutoZone, and of course they said that bank 2 was lean. Also said this was an O2 sensor problem. I think i'll try the "elbow replacement" that is on some boards here.

Just a reminder

192,000 and still going strong. wouldn't trade for a cadillac any day!