check engine code

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keith- As mentioned in the previous post.

Check the FAQ. Scroll down to "What Are the OBD Codes?"

PO1151-52 are listed. Good Luck, again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keith,

First, if we can have the codes it would help to a large degree.

Second, you said: "and h02s21 swt lean any ideas?"

In most cases, this is a code 174 and 174. And, since you have a Job 2 Trac, I would suggest the issue is a defective vacuum elbow as pictured below. The crack almost always happen on the bottom, so remove it and look at it.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

You had both rich and lean codes together at the same time for the same side of the engine which is usually not an indication of a vacuum leak. Typically when I see a lean and rich code at the same time it is caused by a faulty oxygen sensor. The proper thing to do would be to monitor the data with a scanner but I am going to assume that you don't have the capability to do that and do not want to pay to have it properly diagnosed so in that case I would start by putting in a drivers side upstream oxygen sensor, clearing the codes and then driving it...keep in mind that this is only a guess on my behalf.

Keep in mind also that while you are only getting a code for one side of the engine running rich and lean it is possible that both sides of the engine are running rich/lean and it just hasn't set corresponding codes, in that case I would be looking for a dirty or a defective mass airflow sensor.

Latest posts