Chattanooga Bound- place to stay / avoid ???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Lyle

Reaction score
Taking a family trip to Chattanooga area.

Anybody familiar with a good place to stay or a place to avoid?

I'm checking prices online, but would like help determining what areas of town to avoid or gravitate toward.

Thanks for the help!!!!!!!

We stayed in the "Chattanooga Choochoo" when I was younger. It's an old train they turned into a hotel. It was really nice, and I'm sure I would have appreciated it more if I was a little older. There's two trains, separated by nice gardens. Each room is 1/2 a rail car, so there's plenty of space. I really enjoyed it, and it was a very unique experience. Lots of stuff to do around town; there's the aquarium, and plenty of "tourist traps" that I really enjoyed, like "Rock City", "Ruby Falls", "Lookout Mountain", "Inclined Railway", etc. They're all pretty fun and would make good family trips.

Take my advice as a child who went, not as an adult, I haven't been in a few years, but when I was younger, I always enjoyed Chattanooga.

Not at all related to staying anyplace but if you are looking for something to do and like nature Foster Falls is an amazing site to see. It's a pretty good hike though.

There has been alot of new conctruction downtown near the aquarium including motels. This would probably be an excellent area to stay in if you plan on visiting the aquarium or other sites downtown. They also run a shuttle to most of the downtown points of interest which they should be able to give you the details on at the motel. The ChooChoo is fairly nice but some of the motels near there are alittle bit rundown. The closer to the river is much better now....the ChooChoo is worth seeing though. I would be gload to talk with you further about what's here if you would like to call me...I'll send you an email with my number.

Chet