Changing Rear Window "Vent"

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lance Cann

Reaction score

Hello,

I recently noticed when traveling on the highway, the rear window in vent mode does not really allow much air in, but having the window all the way down produces great airflow, but also a lot of road noise. When rolling the window up I noticed that the airflow remains roughly the same from fully lowered to about half way up, but the road noise is considerably less at half way. My question is, is there a way to change the default vent setting to a lower position of about half way? or even better yet, make the switch manual so we can set the window height wherever we want?

I recently changed the motor on my rear window and noticed prior to completing the reset procedures that I could fully control the window and put it in any position I wanted.

I went ahead and did the reset procedure to make it performed as designed, but you might try disconnecting the window motor and reconnecting it without completing the reset procedure to see what happens.

There is no way as far as how it is designed. You either have to install some sort of a switch to break the power feed or try to do as Bo mentions above..

What works really well is to also vent the sunroof. That, or crack the back two windows... lots of airflow then.

Place the enviromental controls to something other then Max AC or Off.