Changing brakes and rotors

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Cogar

Reaction score
I am about to change my brakes and rotors. Any suggestions on where i should buy and which product i should buy?

Ya know, i want the best brakes for the best price.(and rotors)

2003 ford sport trac 4x4

I JUST changed mine this past weekend.

I'd recommend ordering from RockAuto.com, as their prices beat out most local auto parts stores.

I chose to go with Wagner products for the brakes because of the great reviews found on this site. I purchased the Wagner rotors and chose the semi-metallic Wagner Thermo-Quiet pads. Great stopping power!

If you haven't changed your brakes in a while, I would HIGHLY suggest purcahsing new slide pins for the caliper brackets too. I've never seen a Sport Trac or Ranger that didn't have seized up bottom pins. Mine was seized so bad I had to take it to the shop to have it heated up and yanked out. My Ranger use to always have the same problem. Be sure to lube them well, even if you decide not to replace them.

Good luck!

I would go with Motocraft. I have had much better results although it does cost a more in the short term. You can google a coupon for rockauto.com. Not sure of the milage on your truck but I did the loaded calipers with brackets. Easy to do and I havent had any issues in 80K miles.

Just know that the Wagner rotors are made in China! I ordered them from Rock Auto (they do have great prices!) and was disappointed to discover where they were made. Maybe all rotors are made in China.

Latest posts