Changed the Fuel Pump

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Long

Reaction score
So my fuel pump would not work once it got hot and I turned off the Trac. So I got one off of Amazon and put it in Friday. I would have been done in about 4 hours if I didn't break off the crappy plastic fuel line. Found a replacement but the dang thing would not stop kinking, final fix was a combo of the plastic fuel line and a high grade rubber one. I know why it cost so much to have a someone else do it. If I had to I know know a better way to do it.

Unfortunately, by the time the pump needs to be replaced, it is pretty common for other items to fail or break while getting to the pump...

I guess I am lucky that I have only had to replace normal wear items like brakes, plugs, fuel filter and bearings. It helps that I only drive it on weekends now. What is sad is that I am getting rid of it in about 18 months and will move from a car and the Tac to a Tacoma. Just have to pay off the wifes car first. Have had the trac since January 01 and I got it used then with 1,300 miles, has about 106K now. So still got alot of life left.

Latest posts