changed my transmission VB

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lou2 tiu

Reaction score
I've change my tranny valve body 5 days ago and put a couple of hundred miles still ok..here is the web site of how to change the valve body and to comply with TSB with no 2 or 3rd gear, which I have. Thanks to Todd L for his project about adjusting the EPC solenoid and he said it work , that is a true statement. http://www.ford-trucks.com/article/idx/0/343/article/Common_Fix_For_4r55e__5r55e_Transmissions_With_A_B%20%20ad_Separator_Plate_And_Valve_Body_Gasket.html

looks pretty simple. I may have to try this my self. I am mechanically inclined, but very paranoid when it comes to something new, I prefer having someone with experience standing by :)

Linked for ease.

That seems like a well written project for a very common problem with the 5R55E. Thanks for sharin lou and thanks for the working link Cruz'.

i was just wondering....is this the same issue that i have heard some people having where it would stick in second gear? and anytime that they would take it to a mechanic to have it fixed they would just say the transmission needed to be replaced...for like 3 grand... also, what other issues are there with the 01 sport trac tranny that im not aware of? thanks in advance...

Yep. The need to rebuild, in many cases, is due not having it repaired soon enough.

Check the "5R55EFlare.pdf" file in the "2-3 Shift Flare" folder in my library.

Latest posts