Center Console

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshua Mercer

Reaction score
I have 3 small cracks across the top of the vynel lid on my center console.. Can you buy just the lid, or do you have to buy a whole console. Also do they make upgraded lids? Lids that are hard plastic or locking? I usually store an extra fire arm in the middle console and it would be nice to have a lock on it.. :D

I don't believe that there are any locking lids available. You can buy a new lid. I found it in the parts catalog on our sponsor FastPartsNetwork.com's web site. A new one runs around $100.

Or, you can do what I did: Buy a recovering kit on eBay for about $20. It was very easy to install, and looks great. Link below:

It shouldn't be too difficult. Just remove the vinyl and use it as a pattern to cut a piece of fabric to fit.

My Beagle chewed my '02 up because there were some Scooby snacks in the console. I ended up getting some heavier vinyl and replacing it myself. Just make sure you use short staples for your staple gun. I think I used 1/4". Once it's stapled in, trim off excess folds of vinyl so it will screw back together nicely. I was surpised it came out fairly well and wasn't that hard to do.

Sorry no pics- traded it in for new ST.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL. Josh. That's not my console. I grabed that pic from an ST that was on sale on ebay not to long ago. A little over the top isn't it?

There is a leather version of the armrest for most ST's. I'm off this week, so I can't verify pricing or availability. Maybe someone from one of the other dealerships on here or one of the sponsors will drop in and see this thread?

My Dad, who does upholstery professionally, reupholstered mine. It was cracked where my elbow sits.

It looks great. You'd never know.

Tip to you do-it-yourselfers: He said he used a heat gun on the vinyl fabric near the corners so it would stretch nicely without puckering.

Good luck!