Center Console

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Hodgson

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've posted this request sometime back, but wanted to write it again as I'm very interested to buy the longer center console, in grey. I have the console that has the detachable pouch, but I'm looking for something that'll utilize all the space in the center. Ideas are welcomed too. As mentioned, I'm VERY interested.

I've found some nice Explorerer consoles but I know they're too big to fit in the trac. Anyone have any suggestions??

sorry i dont have any idea for your center console, but i have the pouch thing to and i dident like it so i took it out and put a selenium PA in that space so now with my radio up i am like def.

Halenger.... check your local salvage yards. If you want brand new you can order them from your dealer... but for a much higher price.

Changed out my "bag" console to the Explorer/Sportrac upgraded style last summer. You'll gain rear ac/heat fan/controls and cup holders but you're base model sport trac won't have the wiring harness in place to use the remote radio controls. This wiring loom only comes on the models equipped with the multi-cd changer. Be aware that you'll need a different plastic extension for the heater air output duct. Also be aware that you may need to do a little fabrication to get the duct to the console connected. Should bolt right in as mounting points are same for all consoles common to sport trac/ranger/explorer, etc.

Should be able to pick one up at the wrecking yard for $40-60 if you're lucky. Could run as much as $100.

Bob in KC

No other hits here on this subject? I was hoping for the same thing, the longer console in gray. I was thinking that if the truck came with the bag console it did not have tilt steering, but my truck has tilt and the bag console... oh well, like Halenger I will also keep on looking for the piece.

Latest posts