CEL P0113

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Toms

Reaction score
This past weekend, got rid of the old MAC intake and installed a new K&N intake and a new MAF sensor. The battery was disconnected prior to doing the installation. I got a CEL of P0113. Any idea what that is? I go the MAF from Amazon (Motorcraft AFLS-189RM Mass Air Flow Sensor). Does that sound like the right one?

What else can I do here? Just disconnect the battery again, recheck all connections on the intake. Unplug and replug the MAF sensor, then reconnect the battery and let it run. Or just clean the CEL and recheck everything?

Just got rid of the CEL P0171 by replacing the CAT and the O2 sensor at the CAT.

The P0113 is the IAT, not the MAF.

Its the Intake Air Temperature sensor.

I have a 96 explorer that had a lot of trouble with that. On that its a sensor after the MAF and before the intake.

I'm not 100% on where it is on the ST. Its to monitor the temp of the cold air coming into the engine.

So OK, I see where the IAT sensor is. Does that mean, that possibly the new MAF I got is bad? It is a remanu item. Perhaps I should try to clean it and then reinstall and clear the code and see what happens?

It is a remanu item

This is the type of item I will buy new. This might be your problem.

When it come to the sensors and engine control electronics. Always go with new...they are too sensative.

I'm with Eddie on electronic control parts - I buy new. Just not worth the headache. Plus, typically, these parts do last quite a long time.

I digress ...

You can try cleaning it. I doubt it will do what you need, but it's a ten-minute job, so try.

Is there a warranty on the new remanufactured MAF? Often times warranties on electronic parts are voided once the package is opened or the part installed, but check.

Fixed, for the most part. Took the new MAF and cleaned it. Of course disconnect of battery and then reconnect. 20 minutes go by and popped the cell. I reinstalled the old MAF and the CEL went away.

So question why did I buy a new MAF if the old one still works. Well, I have the MAC intake and the aftermarket MAF housing, but with my new K&N intake system, the aftermarket MAF housing wouldn't work with it. So I was trying to replace, not a bad part, just one that works together.

Anyway... I bought the new MAF from Amazon. I claimed item threw a CEL and printed out a return ticket and dropped it off at UPS today. I will have a refund of $170 in a couple days. They had another one on there for $190, but it is new. Right now, I managed to keep the K&N filter on the old MAF housing and bolted that up to the old MAC intake. Its working with no CEL.

:banana:

Latest posts