Ceiling upholstery

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benny Kearns 2

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Anyone ever replaced the ceiling uphostery in their ST? I've a 2003 and am wondering about the effort. Would like to replace mostly due to water stains from roof fack, third light and sunroof leakage but also not have a small hole.

I would like to find out if this could be done and if so, where to get the materials. Otherwise, if if should be done professionally.

Many thanks.

I would check into the cost of the oem replacment vs an upholstery shop.

The glue and material is out there. It can be tedious. The few I know that did a DIY. Dindnt' turn out very good.

Benny,

It is called the Headliner, and there are here that will remove the old, and install new headliners for only about $125, to $200, depending upon the vehicle and if it has a sunroof or not.

It's a much bigger job than it appears to be and requires removing all the trim around the upper door and front and rear windshields. Plus the dome lights, visors, overhead console, etc. If you just ordered the material from Ford it would probably cost as much as what a professional would charge you for the material and labor. My friend recently had his Dodge Dakota Pickup done for about $100, and another friend got a $200 quote to redo the headliner in her 1997 Mercedes with a sunroof.

...Rich

I've never found working upside down enjoyable. Painting a ceiling is bad enough. LOL