CB Antenna

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riyoku Delvey

Reaction score
Anyone who has pictures of their CB antennas mounted to their Sport Tracs, please post them on this message! I'm wanting some ideas of where to mount my own. As of right now, I have it mounted to my bed extender, but I'd like to use my bed extender so any pictures would be helpful. Thanks.

I don't have a picture either but I use a Wilson 1000 magnetic mount placed on top of the cab. It is my understanding that a CB antenna needs a good ground plane (metal to reflect the signal off of) therefore the bed area will not work well. Just my 2 cents.

heres how i mount mine

edit:

Since i was on my pocketpc, i didnt want to spend the time coping links

c3f3ba62ad4defe8b9a6d8a4e32b96cf.jpg

fcbad655a8c4480b12c7fedbdf298c0e.jpg

2cf138b0b82bff3a4e10dc09a1cd45ce.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim young hit the nail on the head, the more metal that surrounds it the better it will be. i do not have a CB, but i have a 2-way radio for Fire/EMS. i started with an on glass antenna for the scanner, and was not too happy with the reception. now thats for a scanner and not a CB so im not sure how the CB is, im sure the guys on this post can help you. for my 2-way radio, i drilled three holes in the engine comparment and mounted the antenna there...very happy with that. i understand some CB antenna's are considerably longer than the one i have so my spot may not be the best for you...i would suggest doing what Scott G did, he has plenty of metal up there and im sure he got better than average reception! good luck

I have an AM/FM to CB antenna adapter (from JC Whitney) - (here is an example http://www.walcottcb.com/product_info.php?cPath=155&products_id=680 ) and a Midland 75-822 Handheld CB Radio ( http://www.amazon.com/Midland-75-822-Handheld-Vehicle-Adapter/dp/B00000K2YR ). Have the adapter in both vehicles and move the CB around as needed.

Has served me for over 4 years without any problems.