Caymen in Branson

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad K

Reaction score
Hi Caymen, How goes it in branson?

If you end up with some down time and would like to meet, let me

know.

Also, if you need something to do, I have 2 week old chicks on the farm.

About 72,000 or so. You could tour my chicken houses.

type at you later

new Chad

We may have time on friday. I will be contacting you tomorrow. We are going to see Jim Stadford shortly. We just got home from Country Tonite with guest Collin Raye.

So far, this trip to Missouri is not our trip to Misery.

I am traveling with my parents and my wife's parents. God have mercy on my soul.

Tom

Caymen said:
I am traveling with my parents and my wife's parents. God have mercy on my soul.

Keep your chin up Caymen, and have a good time.

What I wouldn't give to be on a vacation with my folks and my in-laws. My parents died 10 years ago, both at the young age of 57, and my wife doesn't talk to her folks much at all because her mother is a pathological liar and chronically abused her children when they were young.

P.S. Colin Raye is a fave of ours.

TJR

Just stay away from guns, ropes, bridges, and tall buildings. God forbid you get overwhelmed with that country music crap and begin to feel suicidal.

I did some electrical work at a place that played country music the entire time I was there. Ten hours later, I was emotionally drained and depressed after hearing that twang sh!t all day long. If there was ever a day in my sobiety that I felt like going off the wagon, it was that day.

Just stay away from guns, ropes, bridges, and tall buildings. God forbid you get overwhelmed with that country music crap and begin to feel suicidal.

I got some of the mentioned items in my position as we speak. Hmmm....

I love Country Music. Found the best radio station I have ever heard. A classic country station. I am in heaven.

On a side note, we went to see Jim Stafford today. GREAT SHOW. The Father-in-law was pulled onto the stage. We were able to buy a DVD of that show, so now we have it.

Last year, we experienced the worst trip ever. We went to Maine with the Father-in-law and it seemed like he was doing everything in his power to destroy it. My Dad is 76 years old and doesn't have much time left. We took the chance to go for one more trip and hoping all will be fine between all of us. So far, we have had our squabbles, but we seem to be getting along pretty well.

Tom

Glad to hear you are having a good time so far. I have XM in the Trac and there are a few really good country channels on it, its pretty much all I listen to, dotn remember the lasttime I listened to FM in the truck. Family vacations can be fun and stressful at the same time, we are planning one with my folks and my wifes folks next summer out to Grand Junction Colorado. My wife has family out there and am looking forward to it. Hope the rest of the trip goes well, Have fun.

Modern country and classic country are 2 completely separate entities. One blows, the other is cool.

Mark K, what were you forced to listen to?

(I can see where you're coming from, most all are about depressing things, and/or include drinking ;)

Oh yeah, like Rap music is positive and encouraging! :lol:

Country music is a lot like the popular music of the 70's was. Sure, there are downer songs, but country music is to reflect life and what our feelings are. Sometimes I get encouraged by country music, too. My ex wife was encouraged to cheat, so I don't think that all country music is bad!

Modern country and classic country are 2 completely separate entities. One blows, the other is cool.

+1 ----> I really enjoy listening to Johnny Cash. Although, perhaps his music is not strictly in a genre called "classic country" per say, but that is where I would classify it. Then again I may be about as ignorant to Country music as an old guy might be to hip hop.

The fact of the matter is that today's country music industry has been bastardized much in the same way that pop music industry has. ($$$$$$$)

Shaun T,

Don't throw the baby out the with bathwater. There is much New Country that harkens back to the old country routes. Guys like Travis, Trit, Keith, Jackson, Paisley, Strait (yeah, I know many of those are old(er) guys).

Johnny Cash was considered "Rockabilly" back in his early years and that time covers much of his best stuff...

Another Rockabilly up and comer back then was Conway Twitty...probably one of the best singers of all time, IMHO.

TJR, those are not the old guys.

loved waylon jennings, Merle haggerd, willie nelson back in the mid 70s

The music was fantastic back than, made you drink lots of beer, go fishin and huntin.

made ya have unateral sex acts with your wife, miss those days:(

Bill,

I wasn't trying to say they were the old guys. I was trying to say that there are some young guys that seem to have learned a thing or two from the "old guys" (like those you mentioned) and they make today's country worth listening to (IMHO).

If you want "real" old guys you have to go way back to Ernest Tubbs, and Hank Sr.

TJR