Carpet, yes or no?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casey B

Reaction score
How many here have put the carpet in their ST? Any noticeable difference in road noise? Other than appearance and noise cancellation, why else would it be beneficial? I haven't had any use for the rubber flooring and don't see any future benefits of it. The floor mats continuously move even with the hooks. The hooks keep coming out.

I guess I'm asking the people who have carpet, are you glad you installed it?

Always wondered why the more "Construction Work/Off-Road" trucks like 1,2, and 350's came with carpet and not the rubber floor (maybe it was an opition i don't know). Be easier to clean up I think.

I bet carpet would be really nice. I do like the vinyl floor, but I bet carpet would be sweet. Not enough for me to swap it out though.

Tom

I don't put the floor mats in because of the rubber floor. That way I don't have to worry about cleaning carpet.

Hi,

I put a full carpet kit in my ST almost 2 years ago and have never regreted it. I have floor mats on the carpet and no problems. It is a lot quiter than without the carpet but if I had it to do over again I would use sound deading material under the carpet. If you don't do mud running I would say go for the carpet!

Dan O.

jk you can dye it i bought my carpet out of a wrecked explorer and cut the back off it fits like factory and i dyed my from tan to drak gray just buy the good dye not stuff in a rattle can

01 is what i got mine out of but i would say a 96 up would work just ave to cut it when you get past the back seats

For the guy that wanted black ST carpet kit

http://www.1motormart.com/parts/1/2001/2004/ford/explorer/carpet_kit/parts.do?t=T1162314251W4547820be57f0&k=01+02+03+04+Ford+Explorer+Carpet+Kit

personally i hate Vynal, carpet all the way...

Latest posts