~ CarFax Oasis Report

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Potts

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a CAr in TX and having it shipped to me in FL...

Can anyone get a carfax for me?

I have teh VIN and woudl like an OASIS report as well....

if so let me know and I can send you the VIN via email.

thanks

If you have the VIN, you can go to any Ford dealer and get an Oasis report from a Service Advisor.

Not to sound callous, but why not just pay the $30 for the CarFax report yourself? Or, get one from AutoCheck for 1/2 that price, $15. That's what I did a few weeks ago when I bought my '08 Warriors In Pink Mustang convertible.

AutoCheck is run by Experian, and gives you the same info as CarFax.

What kind of car are you buying? I'm in the DFW area with work but live in Gainesville, FL. Maybe I'll drive it back for you if its something fun!:D

Not to sound callous, but why not just pay the $30 for the CarFax report yourself? Or, get one from AutoCheck for 1/2 that price, $15.

You COULD just make a guess at the vehicle history and be about as accurate!

My parents bought a 2003 Explorer Limited a few months ago. The CarFax came back clean, but after a friend that owns a body shop looked at it, they found out the truck had been wrecked and repainted. The hint was that the Explorer logo was missing on one side.

Friend of mine ran a carfax on a taruas. Came back clean. When he showed it to me. I showed him where the whole front clip was replaced with non Ford parts. One month later $2600 transmision. 6 months later the radiator, electricfan and cooling system cratered. The registration came due. Broken down He couldnt drive it. 2 months latter, the city confiscated from his driveway by court order, unregistered laws. Carfax, Blah!

It CAN be useful, mileage/date correlations and such. As for the assurances they portray ........not reliable. Their only liability is $1000. They sucker in a whole lot more "buyers" than they pay out to. I paid their fee once when checking out a mileage discrepancy. I had half a dozen totaled parts cars so I ran those VIN's just for kicks and giggles. Three came back with their "guarantee" , LOL !

Last edited by a moderator:
carfax and like reports are not always accurate.

the above posts confirm that. i had a similar experience at my work fleet.

vehicle was damaged pretty well and the report came back "clean" 2 years later.

on the other hand, i think they have got better, and now fleet companies are also reporting maintenance history on the carfax report.

imo, do a report request anyway for the small cost.

good luck

The best and ONLY method of checking and inspecting a used vehicle is hiring a "trained" and "certified" technician. A VERY small price to pay that could save you big bucks and grief in the long run. There are NO guarantees with Carfax , Experian, AutoCheck, etc. Also NO "lemon laws" buying a used vehicle from a private party. I paid an all expense one day trip to a certified mechanic to fly to an outer island (Maui), to inspect the '05 XLS with 46K, that I own today. Worth the $675 "out of pocket" expense?

Absolutely. Physically inspecting and test driving a car IS believing.

Eddie, Tom, and (Psycareyo) could not have said it better. They have ALL "been there".

CAVEAT EMPTOR, "Let the buyer beware".

P.S.- Don't you guys love the "aftermarket" warranty companies proliferating the airwaves as of late. I.E.- US Fidelis, Direct Buy, etc. :unsure: BS

Last edited by a moderator:
Theresa was involved in a accident on a parking lot in a shopping center. He car was considered totaled if she would not have agreed to let them install a used axle. With the used axle, it came within $300.00 of being totaled.

CarFax reported it clean.

A good mechanic can tell you better history than CarFax can.

Tom

I sold a Ranger with a clean CarFax and it turned out that it was wrecked by the previous owner, an autobody repair shop owner, and he didn't report the accident. The customers brought the vehicle back to me and we had to take it back and I got chewed out by the customer.

CarFax wouldn't do anything about it because it was never reported so they are not at fault.

Nothing beats taking it to a trusted tech and getting an inspection done.

Latest posts