Carfax Class Action Lawsuit (LONG)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan D

Reaction score
Well . .I just received this in my e-mail . . figured it could be useful for members. Basically if you purchased a carfax report prior to Oct 27, 06 you are entitled to the settlement.

NOTICE OF CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT

West v. Carfax, Inc., No. 04-CV-1898

Court of Common Pleas, Trumbull County, Ohio

161 High Street, NW, Warren, Ohio 44481-1006

IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED A CARFAX VEHICLE HISTORY REPORT FROM CARFAX PLEASE NOTE THAT A SETTLEMENT OF VARIOUS LEGAL CLAIMS RELATING TO SUCH PURCHASES HAS BEEN PROPOSED IN THIS CLASS ACTION. THE SETTLEMENT MAY AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS.

WHAT IS THIS CASE ABOUT?

Plaintiff claims that Carfax violated the consumer protection laws of all fifty states by not properly disclosing terms and conditions for, and limitations of, Carfax Vehicle History Reports. Carfax denies all of Plaintiff's claims of wrongdoing.

HOW DO I KNOW IF I'M A MEMBER OF THE SETTLEMENT CLASS?

If you purchased a Carfax Vehicle History Report directly from Carfax at any time before October 27, 2006, you're a Class Member for purposes of this settlement.

WHAT DO I GET IF I REMAIN IN THE SETTLEMENT?

Class Members who remain in the settlement can claim a Voucher good for $20.00 off a vehicle inspection by a designated third party within six months of final approval of the settlement, a Voucher good for two free Carfax Vehicle History Reports from Carfax within one year of final approval of the settlement, a Voucher for one free Carfax Vehicle History Report from Carfax within two years of final approval of the settlement, or a Voucher for 50% off an unlimited number of Carfax Vehicle History Reports (for personal, not commercial use) over 30 consecutive days within three years of final approval of the settlement. The Court will also order Carfax to make certain changes in its disclosures and contracting process with customers.

HOW DO I CLAIM A VOUCHER?

To claim a Voucher, you must fill out a claim form and return it to the Settlement Administrator so that it is postmarked no later than May 27, 2007. Claim forms are available at www.WestCarSettlement.com or by contacting the Settlement Administrator at:

West v. Carfax, Inc. Settlement

Settlement Administrator

PO Box 91190

Seattle, WA 98111-9290

1 (888) 257-8216

Just what we need,,,,,,,,,,another useless lawsuit,,,,,,,,,give me a break,,,,,it's 2007 for God's sake,,,,,,,,,,let's have a happy New Year, all,,,,,,,,,,quit sewing each other just for the buck,,,,,,ridiculous!!! just my $0.02 worth,,,,,,,,,,,,sorry:angry:

Whatever, they need to be sued, or maybe even shut down. I'm tired of hearing stories where a vehicle gets a bad history report and it's wrong. Heck, even my ST has a bad history report and I'm the second owner. 11k miles on it and carfax lists it as having greater then the odometer can read. So I have over a million miles? piece of crap

For a minute I thought it might be a class action suit BY Carfax AGAINST MYST users for all the "Can someone run a carfax for me?" abuses on this board! :eek:

Latest posts