Car seat (1 boost, 1 for child 3 years and)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eduardo 07v8XLT

Reaction score
anyone know if it ilegal do this

put 1 boot seat, 1 car seat for a 3 year old, and 1 adult in back seat on ST 07?

if not, which is the better (correct) way to organize that, i hope you understand

why would it be illegal?

ive had my sons car seat on the left, middle, and right of my backseat, so as long as they all strap down, it works

its just going to be a tight fit for that adult

Legal--yes.

Headache--major. Especially if you're talking about doing it for the drive from Texas to Orlando that I know you were discussing.

Not only will it be a tight, uncomfortable fit for the adult, but in my experience, if you put the kids seats next to each other with enough room left for the adult, the closeness of proximity of those two kids will stand a good chance of leading to behavior issues--meaning you might need to put the poor, unfortunate adult in the middle of this mess...

Last edited by a moderator:
Eduardo,

My wife drives a minivan for an everyday car. When we went on long trips we used the minivan. One trip (200) miles, i decided i wanted to drive the TRAC since i was doing all the driving back and forth and during the trip. With 3 children under the age of 8, i was ready to commit myself when we got home.

RENT A MINIVAN...save your insanity:D

Yeah, I don't know if it would be morally right for someone to stick their mother in the back seat with two occupied car seats. That's just too cruel.

Their mother-in-law, on the other hand.... :lol:

Might you want to consider renting an RV? Yeah, you would have the rental cost, and it would consume more gas--but you'd have a whole lot more comfort space, and if you stay in it in Orlando, you save the hotel costs...

TJR, i can trade a minivan for a st, becouse here in Mexico we dont have the same kind of opportunities like you in USA.

i have to paid the total credit to delar to buy o change for other kind of vehicle.

Bill V, :lol: , she in my mother and with you recommendations, i dont invite her.

alamo has RV for rent?

regards.

She's a grandmother. right? ¿Abuela? My mother-in-law would ride on the roof for 1000 miles if it meant she could be with her grandchildren. When our son was born, we lived in Tennessee, a 1,000 mile trip from my wife's parent's house in Texas. It's an 18 hour trip. When we called to tell her that she had a new grandson, she showed up on our doorstep 18 hours later! She was packed and ready to go, and had a friend on call to ride with her. We didn't tell her my wife was in labor, or she would have been there during the delivery, driving my wife nuts fussing over her! We finally moved back to Texas to see less of her, because she would visit 4 or 5 times a year for 3 weeks at a time, staying at our house! We see less of her now that she's only 15 minutes away!

Really, with all that said, it would be a long and hard trip for her in a small space. She my be willing and even eager to do it, but you'll have to make the decision or whether it would be a good idea or not.

But it will give her plenty of stories for your kids about how much she went through just to be with them. If you can live through listening to her in the back seat for that long trip, that is!:p

dreman, nice story

i know some mother in law are very happy with our kids, in my case she prefer my son after the other son of the broters of my wife.

i have to do a test, to drive a few hours (8) to know how she feeling.

regards