Car Dealers!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judd Quarles

Reaction score
For a while now, I have been thinking of trading the Trac for a Jeep, as I need the interior cargo room of an SUV. I stopped at one dealer who had a new '07 Liberty left on the lot, a loaded Limited model. It was "new" but actually ended up having 5000 miles as a demo, so I expected a decent discount. Anyway, he came back in and said he was offering $17,000 for my 2005 Trac with 50K miles. I thought that sounded great and then got to looking at the paperwork- he lumped the rebate and discount and whatever he actually was wanting to pay for a trade into one sum, came up with $17,000....and tried to make it sound like that was what he was offering for mine. But...I knew better, because he said I would still owe him over $11K including tax, which would put the cost of the Jeep right back to the sticker price. Once I figured in the $4500 rebate and a reasonable amount for the discount (since it did have 5K miles), they wouldn't actually be giving me but about $9500 for the Trac. I told them I hope they enjoy that Jeep because with that kind of deception, it won't sell!!

On another note, I then looked at a 2007 Grand Cherokee Laredo at another dealer. Only 4000 miles, 4.7 engine and they are asking $19,990. It was also a demo. They offered $12,000 for the Trac so I'll just wait and see if I can sell it myself. The Grand Cherokee is an exceptional deal, in my opinion.

Anyway, thanks for reading my rant about the first dealer!!

I had a Grand Cherokee for a rental car for the last 2 days. Crappy build quality, squeaks everywhere, grinding noise at full turn, and it doesn't have enough power to get out of it's own way.

Perfect for a rental. Horrible to own.

The wife had a Grand Cherokee Limited. 2 Year lease couldn't come fast enough. It may be a good deal, but look at all your options. The Life Time powertrain warrenty if the only thing that you will get and need. Its an ok suv, but so many issues. I think she went through 3 or 4 seat tracks/heated seats and she's only 115lbs.

Jeep dealers are nortorious for "loading" the trade in with the rebates and other garabage.

wow...i'm shocked to see all the hate for jeep...my father's '97 Grand Cherokee is still running at 185,k miles, just like it came off the lot...if i couldn't drive a ford, i'd buy a jeep...

Latest posts