car alignment

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john nelly

Reaction score
i have a 2001 2 wheel drive my mechanics told me i need upper ball joints should i buy caster and camber bolts set to make the car alignment easy i am going moog parts too or should i just buy caster set or camber set which one thank you nelly :banghead:

Ford did away with the 2 piece upper control arm, you can replace them with the one piece unit without problems.

You will need eccentrics installed and an alignment afterward.

Last edited by a moderator:
TWO K80065 kits needed for the UCA's. GL

How about the lowers? Since they're load bearing, 9 out of 10 times they need to be replaced first.

+1 on replacing all. My 2002 got a whole new front suspension last summer at 215,000... It made a lot of difference. I marked all of the locations of the old arms, and replaced them exactly, as best as i could. As for getting the bolts out, I had to saw them out because I'm in the rust belt. I hope you have better luck than I.....

Moog Upper Control Arms

Left K8708T

Right K80068

The first link goes to K80068, not K80065. The K80068 looks like it would fit my 2001 Ford Ranger. Actually replace the 2 part system that is there now. Anyone know what would be involved switching to the one piece as far as installation? I know I would have to get the truck aligned.

I think your answer is YES buy the camber bolts for alignment. If you truck is like my 03 I found when i redid my upper control arm with Moog the factor cambers were factory set with a pre drilled offset. I had to buy the cam bolt and casters to get it to align properly... Cheap money

Joseymack

Latest posts