Cap and Trade Bill failed to pass! :-)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerryW Gilliland

Reaction score
It looks like they pulled the cap and trade bill this afternoon, the democrats didn't have the votes! It's not official yet but it looks good!

:banana:

What makes it worse, as far as the idiots go, they were only short 17 votes...and 12 of those were "on the fence".

Really???

On the fence for the biggest tax increase in U.S. history?

What kind of people have we elected to represent us?

I believe you called it Jerry...Fence sitters / flip floppers, looking for re-election!!!

Reports said Pelosi was staking her claim to fame & power on it passing! I hope it fails miserably when it's put to vote. Hopefully she'll cry all the way home on her taxpayer paid private government jet!

Maybe Al Gore will ride with her and cry too, he'll miss all those $$$$ his businesses could have made on carbon credits and carbon taxes.

I've heard the Chinese and Indian's have said they're not doing anything to hurt their economys & businesses like Cap and trade.

I wrote all my reps earlier this week and I heard the phone lines in DC were overrun today.

'07 ST:banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to mention GE.

It's sad to learn that 85% of the 15 trillion dollars coming in for this tax over the 10 years was going to special interest groups. Congress had to do it to get the bill through. Only 15% of all that money would go back to the Fed to pay the bills.

If passed, it will affect all of our lives....forever.

China, India and Japan have already said they're not going to anything to adversely affect their enconomy like this type tax would.

There should not be any fence sitters on this issue. A NO vote is the only acceptable vote. A 'did not vote' entry would be just as bad as a Yes vote.

America is watching!!! (at least some of us are)

Here's a link to the Ayes/Nay's and the Not voted's, if interested:

This has disaster written all over it. I hope it dies in the Senate. Let's see, here we have a bill which will take more money from all the citizens, make it even more expensive for industry to produce, force more jobs overseas...add to it, at 3:00am the day of the vote, a 300pg amendment so nobody actually reads it. What a great idea!! These people are complete idiots!:angry:

We have a liberal president, a liberal congress, and a liberal supreme court. We no longer have a checks and balance system of government. Get ready for a lot more of the same.

Mark K: Failed to pass? What news source do you use? It passed 219-212.

Sorry all. I was going on a projection from the Capital Hill news agencies.

Apparently, all the fence sitters got off and jumped to the other side.

If it hadn't been for the 8 Republicans from the northeast that voted yes, it wouldn't have passed. The Senate will be an intense challenge for passage.

I don't understand why, when the switchboards are jammed with people calling in opposition and the emails and letters are pouring in registering their opposition, our representatives vote the way THEY want to without any regard to how their constituants feel.

:angry:

It's interesting to note that at 3 a.m. a 300 page amendment was brought in to the mix.

One of the early provisions of the bill was that it would be stopped if gasoline got higher than $5 per gallon and unemployment got higher than 15%.

The 300 page amendment canceled that part of the bill.

So.....get some Preparation H and prepare to take it again!

Follow the money, Glen Beck has been looking into alot of the money trail in this admin.

Talk about corruption on a massive scale. The dreggs voted him in and fail to see what is going on....:angry:

Here's the breakdown of increased costs by state. Based on calculations by 538.com. Alaskan households' costs increase $1601 a year and Washington DC's actually goes down by $91.

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts