Cant Decide

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike burns 3

Reaction score
I like the Sport Trac and I have found a couple of nice ones on the market but with the cost of gas the mpg of the Sport Trac is a concern. I hate to move away from a truck but maybe its time. All I tow is a snowmobile trailer so I dont need much. I may wait for the new '13 escape and see if I like it.

Gas is $4+ plus up here. I spend plenty of energy complaining about the price but I just keep on burning it like there is no tomorrow so I dont know why I should expect anything different.

Mike, you know, if the Trac is paid for and all you need to do is maintainence. Why get rid of it? You surely will need 4wd at times and cargo carrying ability. there might be a half million owners out there that wouldn't give it up for $8/gal gas. I mean, if all your worried about is the gas mileage, why not just go and by a Hyundai?? We love our trucks for what they are and what they can do. Your call.

Eric, the gas or the prices? Remember last year when it rapidly spiked to $4+/gallon? Everybody screamed bloody murder and the price went down, but the oil companies got a taste. So now it creeps up to over $4/gal over 6 months and not that many people are up in arms about the prices. It ain't gonna drop much. Maybe back into the high $3 range, but don't expect more. $4/gal is here to stay dude! It would take a federal mandate do anything about it and Obamalama sure as hell isn't gonna do it!! Bob PS: This is a whole other conversation.

Well the taxman made the decision for me. At least for 6 months or so.

Put the truck up on stands today to give it a look. Nothing to bad. My darn spar tire lift is toast again! This will be my third.

One of my body mounts looks bad on one side. I need to do some work on the rocker panels. I starting to get some surface rust.

I would like to do something with the left side of my seat. Starting to look bad but Ford shows the leather and pad as no long available.

Yea Bob C you are right. But man things dont last forever. Change is gonna come may not be now but 1 day it will. Might not live to see it but it will

Latest posts