Canon Powershot A520

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Childs

Reaction score
I have a nice little Powershot that I don't want anymore, so I thought I would try to sell it here before trying anywhere else. All the information is at the link below. The condition is still great, there are VERY minor scratches that can only been truly seen when looking for them hard enough, and some minor wear and tear is visible, but this does not affect the picture taking ability.

There is nothing wrong with the camera, I just want to upgrade to something different. I have some of the pictures that I took with the camera in my library, just to show what quality of pictures it takes. I do not currently know where the box and all the information for the camera is, but I can find it (I think it is at my house somewhere, but I do not know where exactly)

I was thinking about $100 (or best offer), plus shipping. But if you can make me a deal I can't refuse, then it is yours.

Some lenses are available to buy from various retailers that increase the functionality of the camera, but I don't have them, I just thought I would pass this info on to you.

If you need/want any more information, I would be glad to tell you anything you want to know about it.

Edit: The digital zoom works great, it has never been used, so it should last a long time. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It DOES have digital zoom... (3.6 times)

Pictures of the screen shots are at the link at the bottom...I am guessing you don't know how to get to it as it is not crystal clear when simply looking at the camera...

Issue: How do I set Digital Zoom?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solution: Procedure for setting Digital Zoom PowerShot A520

Digital Zoom

When the LCD monitor is on, images can be zoomed with the combined optical and digital zoom functions as follows (figures are approximate):

5.7 times, 7.1 times, 8.9 times, 11 times, and 14 times

1. Press the <DISP.> button to turn the LCD monitor on.

2. Turn the shooting mode dial to any Shooting mode except for or .

3. In the [ (Rec.)] menu, select (Digital Zoom).

4. Select [On] using the or button and press the <MENU> button.

5. Press the zoom lever toward and hold it.

The lens will zoom to the maximum optical telephoto setting and stop. Release the lever and press it toward again to further zoom the image digitally.

Press the lever toward to zoom back out.

6. Shoot the image.

Shooting procedures are the same as for the mode.

The digital zoom cannot be used when the LCD monitor is off.

Images become coarser the more they are digitally zoomed.

Since camera shake may become a factor when using the digital zoom, the use of a tripod is recommended.

Digital Zoom is disabled when the [Postcard Print Mode] is selected as a image quality setting.

I figured that was exactly your issue, a matter of knowing how to activate it...

Gee,,, maybe you will keep it now huh???