Cancer Update

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerry Mac

Reaction score

Hi guys,

I am just getting ready to leave home to go back to the hospital. I saw the oncologist last Tuesday and he had me give blood for a PSA test. My PSA should be 0.02 or less since I no longer have a prostate. I have had bad pain in my abdomen and lower back in my kidney area. He called me this Tuesday to come see him again. I did yesterday. He said I have a PSA of 1.2. Not critical for a man that has a prostate but concerning for a man without one. He said he could feel my bladder was grossly enlarged and my right kidney is only just functioning. Today after 1400h he is doing Laparoscopy surgery to get a look at what is going on in there. We will make a treatment decision based on his findings. He told me that a PSA reading that I now have is indicative Cancer migration.

So, here I go again. I will let you know how it goes tomorrow. I should have my smart phone with me to access here.

Thanks

Gerry Mac

Wishing you the very best Gerry, stay strong as always.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning,

I am home with a catheter for 7 days. I am still feeling groggy and stupid. Doctor wants to see me today but told my wife last night that he lasered out "suspect tissue" from my bladder and urethra. Sent it away for biopsy. Results of which will be known in about two weeks.

Thanks for prayers and support. I appreciate more than you know.

Gerry Mac

Last edited by a moderator:
Thoughts and prayers with you. Both my Dad and Brother-in-law have had their prostate removed and all that happens after. Hopefully they have gotten it all now. On to better days.

Mel

Hi Guys,

Biopsy results are positive for bladder cancer. Back into surgery December 10th. Too shaken to talk anymore now. Will advise

Hugs

Mac

Hello,

Gerry is home and resting. We are hopeful its gone now. He is very fond of you, thanks for supporting him.

Patti

Latest posts