Can we talk "roll bars"? (i.e., sport bars)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parker_lansing

Supporting Member
1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
4 wheel drive
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
There are older posts on this forum about this topic, but the photos have disappeared. This is apparently a controversial subject due to the Sport Trac bed being composite. I hope to side-step that controversy though.

I've been wondering if there were anything out there that was actually functional (not as a roll bar, of course), but something that could serve as a lightweight rack back there without blocking the rear window.

Well, I found this Black Horse ATRB-NIFRB Atlas Roll Bar, that, while ugly, is generally what I was thinking about.
Is there (or has there ever been) something like this that fits the aesthetics of the 1G Sport Trac?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 22-07-24 shopping (WEBP Image 600 × 543 pixels).png
    Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 22-07-24 shopping (WEBP Image 600 × 543 pixels).png
    197.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
IMO, it's really not feasible as the roof rails can hold a rack and you can install lights on the rack. Lights that far back are great for long range and can be really bright, which won't reflect down onto the dashboard.

As far as a cool factor, really cool to put a CB antenna on and some back up lights. The cargo area could be good for items that are not necessarily an urgent need item.

Someone had this on facebook sport trac, i have rolled a older ford and was on pavement and the roll bar saved the cab, was the option back in 80s for lights, looked cool, there is quite a few pics off roll bars on tracs on the fb, not a fan of the facebook page, too many idiots that give bad advice but more pics of tracs.

not a fan of the facebook page, too many idiots that give bad advice but more pics of tracs.
And shortly after you "block" or "ignore" some hack on FB another misinformed idiot replies. It's either here or EF for me.

No bolt on options for our skinny beds, so the only way to get one is to have it custom made. Personally, the roll bar/bed rack makes the st look too much like an avalanche, something i try avoid at all costs :) A rack would be useful tho, and it wouldnt affect gas mileage like a roof rack.

Latest posts