can the sport trac tow a loaded car carrier?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael b

Reaction score
trying to get both of my vehicles from Kansas to the border of Tennessee/North Carolina area without paying a small fortune. Would it be safe/feasable to purchase a hitch of some sort for the trac & rent a car carrier? I can get a carrier for 40 bucks a day. The other car is the 07 Dodge Caliber. Any suggestions? I thought about sticking the Dodge inside a 26 foot rental truck:D Just kidding:lol: (I couldnt figure anyway to get it in there anyway:p)

I thought about sticking the Dodge inside a 26 foot rental truck
why not i see it done often. and it should not be an issue on a tow dolly a car trailer would be pushing it.

buy the way how did you make out wih the vibration issue what was or is the problem

Hey Mike

I take it you decided to move to TN or NC. Where did you choose? I'm in Chattanooga near the SE border with NC. (Can everything be abbreviated with 2 letters?...:lol: )

Chet [Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Dodge Caliber weighs in at about 3,308 lbs (according to the guys at the link). I'd think you'd be fine, but you should check to see how much the car carrier weighs.

bpoche: Inside a rented truck? Man, I wish I could do that:)

Also my vibration is about 80% gone now. I had 2 tires that were out of round & the tire place had to replace plus I had "long reach" lug nuts installed & that helped out also.

Chet: Moving to the Johnson City TN area in less then 2 weeks-Yikes:eek:

Johnson City! Cool! Just about an hour from my house. I hope it goes well for you.