can i get 2 12's in a sport trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pat kelly

Reaction score
i have 2 12 inch diamond audio m6's which are fairly big subs, is their anyway to get them in the sport trac without taking the back seat out...need suggestions please

Yea just put them on the floor!! I don't really think so, the backspacing behind and under the seat is too low for a 12in sub

is fitting one 12 possibe, how much work is it to put 1 12 in the middle seat in the back and build somehting custom to hold it, id rather not have to do that but let me know

I've seen people put them under the seats, but you would need to lift the back seats some and remove the seat legs.

The other option about putting in it the middle is possible but unless you hack apart the 60 side it really isn't going to look good I don't think.

Check my library for pictures. I put two 12's under the rear seats with keeping the seats at their stock height. They were around 5&1/2" mounting depth subs and made for small enclosures.

yea jerry thats a tight set up i dont know if i could fit 2 m6's underneath, what subs do you got under there, also how much that run you to complete the set up

My brother and I built it, so just materials was the cost. It took us about 12 hours to build the box. We had to shape the wood to make it work, including filing down grooves for the seat brackets, and cutting slits for them to seat into the box. I'm selling the box with the subs for $350, and am waiting for a response from one person. If I don't hear back in the next couple of days, I was going to list it in the swap and sell forum. The price is with the two subs. They are Rockford Fosgate Audiophile subs. Older style sub, but they were made for small sealed enclosures. I used to run 8 of them in the back of my F-150 extended cab.

The only thing with the box is it will need re-carpeted. We ran low on carpet and had to piece the ends together, and over time it started to separate. Not sure what shipping is going to be as it is pretty heavy. All the wood is 3/4 MDF.

HEY GUYS.... IM TRYING TO LOOK FOR DIFFERENT WAYS TO INSTALL MY SUBS AS WELL. I HAVE 2 12'S. I ORIGINALLY HAD 4 15'S IN THE BOX. I TOOK THEM OUT THOUGH. THEY WERE WAYYYYYYY TOO MUCH. IM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT THE BEST WAY TO INSTALL EITHER ONE OR TWO 12 INCH SUBS. SOME HELP WOULD BE GREAT. IF YOU CAN SEND ME YOUR PICS OF YOUR BOXES THAT WOULD BE APPRECIATED TOO!

Console for sale ..Built for 2 12's. Will sell with or without the subs. I could probably even paint it close to a color you need if you did not want with graphics, blue, silver, black etc... E-mail me at [email protected][Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
hey ballistic that is a real sick set up..how much would you sell that for, also if you could explain how you split the back seat up to fit th console in the middle i would really appreciate it

Holds 2 12w3v2 JL Audio..2 piece console...

I have $750 in the console alone. Will sell for $600 add $275 for 12" subs. Subs never used.

Let me know and I will walk you through the seat mod. You would have to recover the seat but you could always take out the 60% side until you can have it recovered.

Latest posts