Can anyone recommend a spare tire lock?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good spare tire lock for the Sport Trac? I had mine stolen and need a quality lock system. I dont want to use a steel cable because thats how it was stolen. I am looking for a shaft type lock. The kind that bolt cutter cannot cut.

Thanks

I just did a search. This has been talked about several times. Do a search with "Spare Lock" in the field and check "Search all messages", "Match All Words" as well as the "Message Text" option. You will get plenty of hits to read...

I think this link will take you right to the search I did...

My '99 Ranger came with a spare tire lock that fit into the crank hole under the tailgate. My '02 Ranger did not come with one. Possibly one of those would fit a Trac.

Look in the projects section of this site..everything you need to know..it is a good write up...

I bought a plastic covered steel cable - like they use for bicycles - and a high quality outdoor keyed padlock for mine. Wrapped it around the tire and frame. Worked fine and cost less than $30. It doesn't matter what you use, if someone really wants it they will get it. But just about anything will stop the opportunity thieves.

Rocco....I did the same as you...3/8" plastic coated cable and a brass body masterlock...Thiefs will have to have a nice sized pair of cutters...

If anyone is still looking for a spare tire lock, i found this one. i live in dfw area and i was at the dealership Friday and heard that someone had the spare tire stolen twice and they were just getting a lock and chain put on. But this a whole lot cheaper and guaranteed. so here it is! Winchlock spare tire lock for pick-up trucks, suv and vans at http://www.autoaccessconnect.com/sparetirelocks1.html A very good website:D

Latest posts