can a bike fit in the back?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicholas DeMarco 2

Reaction score
i have to transport a bike for someone but can the tailgate hold constant weight on it? it's a 05 ninja 636 and the wheel base is 4.5 feet. has anyone here haul a bike in the bed?

haha dmac, thats funny i found this looking for the lenght of the bed.

its an 06 636 , and its 362 lbs, 70% front weight, 30% rear weight, the bike is 54.7 inches. I found out the bed on ur truck is 50 inches. so with the tailgate down it shud fit.

[Broken External Image]:

02 Suzuki SVS

I built a wooden T just to try to spread the weight over the whole tailgate.

[Broken External Image]:

and my wifes Honda Nighthawk 250.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did it with a '99 Yamaha YZF600r which if I had to guess I would say weighs about 400 lbs and some change. Also had my friends Honda RC51 on a trailer. From the Raleigh, NC area to the NC and Tennesse border. We went to ride the gap. Long trip but it was perfectly fine.

I've hauled my ZX-6 a number of times in the back with no problems. I put the bike at an angle and I can get the bed extender on too!

Edit: btw, what kind of ramps are you guys using to get your bike in the bed? I've lifted it up and in the times I've done it but would love a ramp that possibly folds down to fit in the bed next to it

Last edited by a moderator:
I've hauled four bikes in the back simultaneously, with no problems and room for more. Two Specialized, a Mongoose, and a Schwinn.

Latest posts