CALLING: Chad, Travis, ToddZ, etc, 4.56 Gears Help Needed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last Friday I was attempting to pass a semi, doing about 78mph into 20mph wind and when my truck downshifted all hell broke loose. I haven't heard back from the transmission shop yet, but I'm sure those 35"s put too much strain on the tranny. I figure while she's in there, I should get it geared back to a little closer to stock.

As the title suggests, I need some clarification on running 4.56 gears. Transmissions are not my forte so I've heard everything tossed around from R&P to 8.8 to Dana 35s to 4.88 not fitting etc etc. That's all white noise to me so I need to be taught and held by the hand.

What, where, part numbers, etc do I need to order to get my 2001 ST running 4.56 gears and turning these 35"s again?? Please!! :D

I'm hoping to order these parts this week and get them to my mechanic to finish out the truck asap so I owe beers to everyone who helps. I just want to be wheelin again in no time.

Thanks and picture for views...

f564ddbd62c9138e5f22a0f843ccb3da.jpg

i sent you an email with R$P and master bearing kits, the gears arent for the transmission they are for the differentials in the axles so youll have to get the transmission repaired and then do the axle work, so tell the tranny shop to fix the tranny and by the time the parts show up it should be ready to have the axle work done

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Travis, I got your email shortly after I posted this. That's my game plan is to get these parts to them about the time they finish the transmission and get it all knocked out and back on the road.

Latest posts