Caliper Slide pins

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Spiegel

Reaction score
The front calipers have two different slide pins on each wheel. one with a rubber sleeve and one with out. My question is, where does the pin with the rubber sleeve get installed on the top ( as look ate mounted on the rotor) or in the bottom hole?

Mine has the drivers side located on top and the passenger side located on the bottom.

Which is correct? or is the current setup correct?

Mmmm! Speaking from memory now as I am too lazy to go out and crawl under the Trac to look, but I seem to recall that both pins had rubber boots on them. Unless I am confusing the Trac with my bride's Grand Prix.

Let's see who else chimes in.

i just had to go to the wrecker today to get some.... i had a slide pin seize on me, screwing up that brake.

napa couldnt get em and ford wanted to sell me the whole caliper for it

and both should have boots, or they will seize up, especially in snowy winters

Both sliders on each side should have boots, I just did a brake job, I did not need new boots but I remember that the boots were about $8 for a set of two at Advance Auto.

It is cheap insurance to buy a new hardware kit when replacing brakes. It has all the rubber crap that rots and the stainless steel parts that find a way to rust.

Tom

Any advice on the best way to get the rusted pins out?

*UPDATE*

:angry::soap::banghead:

I just snapped off the pin...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts