Caliper fell apart?!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I certinaly would be leary of going back with Ford calipers (read: cheap calipers). I'd opt for an aftermarket set from a reputable company.

Who would that be? Baer? Don't make them. SSBC? Not either. How about Rabestos? They are rebuilt. What do they use as the core? Ford Calipers.

You might want to invest in some different calipers in your Ranger. Those are cheap too. IIRC, they are the same calipers as the Trac has. They use the same pad number.

Tom

Tiger,

Yes, the German TUV vehicle safety inspections are very tough. Even most German built cars will not pass once they become 3 years old without major repairs, especially to the brakes.

The Safety inspection I was speaking about is the ones that the American military's privately owned vehicles must pass. This is much more leinient than the German's must pass, but it is still much more stringent than most state inspections, and they didn't even check emissions back then.

...Rich

Latest posts