Bypass for remote start

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa Marett

Reaction score
I am putting in an alarm system that has a remote start. I have called around to different alarm installers and they mention that there is a bypass part that they need for the remote start. Does anyone know what this part is called.

It is the antitheft bypass for a remote starter. Any should work but you will need a third key made for it to function.;)

Go to this site and on the left side of the screen, click on "security bipass modules", and it's #781. That is the type you need.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I have the two main keys with the chip and I have one that works on the doors and will unlock the wheel but does not have the chip to actually start the truck since the remote start will do that. What is the part called.

Anytime. Are you hooking it in yourself? If so that site I gave you also has wire colors for the ignition, brake, domelights, parking lights, door locks etc., on it also.;)

question, doesn't the key that goes in the Security bypass module need to be able to start the truck? I thought that was the whole reason for needing the key in the module, to send the signal to the igniton coil to allow the truck to start. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong

Audiovox APS996A Prestige Review (Remote Start Car Alarm) is the system that we bought. We have a friend that does installs that is going to do it for us. :D

jlevin, Lisa is right. You do need the third key to go into the box. I know they make a keyless bipass but haven't been able to find them on the internet. I still have to check with my parts dealer to see if they still cary them for a couple of starters that I need to put in yet. When I find out I'll post the number and brand on the site.;)

go to this site. They will answer any question you have. They help me through with 5 different remote start installs.

ABOUT $27.00 FROM FORD.PART# 1L2Z-19G365-AB CAR START SECURILOK INTERFACE KIT-3 HOPE THIS HELPS. I'M IN PASADENA TX. CALL IF YOU NEED HELP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts