Bye bye Boeing

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zaffo oxnard

Reaction score
Holy mole. American Airlines orders 460 Airbus a320s, Qantas 200; add that to the 1,000 Airbus already took orders for at the Paris airshow, and things are looking gloomy for the 737 line in Seattle.

American Ailrines - in the face of 10% unemployment.

the 737 carpet sweeper is aging but still an excellent short/mid range aircraft.

airbus is upgrading the fuel efficiency and it looks like boeing is following with upgrades to the 737.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is amazing what a company can do when the government funds them so they can overtake the words best.

This is not going to kill Boeing. Airbus has problems that most people know nothing about.

Tom

The 747-8I passenger variant is not selling well. It is going to be a freighter. The A380 is only useful on a few routes / markets. They both blew money big on these flagship aircraft when what sells best are the twinjets 777 and A330.

Boeing could have fixed its narrow body offering (with the demise of the 717, 757) to beat the a320. The 737 is too low for the newer fuel efficient engines - all have larger fan disks, no way around that. They needed to design the next generation single isle replacement. The 737 is an OK plane for the developing world and second tier airlines, but it does not compete with the a320 well when it comes to interior comfort.

I agree that the subsidies carry airbus, but Boeing cant do jack about that.

They had the large plane 777 and 787 right, what they needed was the small plane, not the 747-8. There are plenty of 747-400s lying around for cargo conversion. I think the -8 only carries like 4 extra containers / pallets. They could re-engine the 747 to get the efficiency they hope to gain from the -8, it has plenty of room.

All the other touted benefits: no bleed air, all electrical, composits.... not really money savers for the airlines.

They ignored the wrong market segment. I think it was all ego driven.

YEA!!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Boeing, the worlds largest aerospace manufacturer, made a bold move, defying the National Labor Relations Board, when it opened a new $750 million assembly plant in South Carolina.

The NLRB is fighting Boeings decision to open the second plant (non-union) for 787 Dreamliner construction in North Charleston, S.C., instead of in Washington state, where the other final assembly plant is located. :cry::cry:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think American companies like Boeing are going down the drain because of poor management decisions.

I have flown on a number of Airbus planes and they seem to be just as safe and comfortable as any Boeing plane I have flown on.

About 30 years ago when the 747 was the top of the line Boeing aircraft, it had very limited appeal to the airlines. There just are not that many routes that can fill a plane that large.

I flew on a Lufthansa 747 from New York to Frankfurt, Germany back in 1978 when the 747 was in it's prime. It is amazing that such a huge vehicle could actually get off the ground, but I also think that was it's biggest problem. It has a very large first-class section that cannot be easily partitioned into a smaller section and I think the airlines were hoping to sell more First-Class tickets. The Concorde Supersonic Jet suffered from the same over-pricing of tickets, which had a very limited market.

...Rich