Buying several states away

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walt Brown

Reaction score
Strange question,

has anyone ever purchased a ST through a local dealership but picked up the car several states away? I ask because we live in S. Louis but will move to updtate NY in December. We only want to drive one car. So I'm wondering if I can trade in my second, work the deal here for a ST in upstate NY. Has anyone heard of or done something like this?

Fly me there and I will drive the truck for you back to NY.....

I don't think the dealers will do that, the one by you is not making any money or the sale..

Todd Z

Of my last 7 vehicles that I have purchased new, not one has beeen from the lot I bought it from.

Other than the dealer having to do some finangling, because of needing a body to do the drive, it should not be too hard to setup I would think.

The reciving dealer may not choose to do it as they are not getting money but will need to pred the vehicle.

This could also be worked out dealer to dealer as well.

I would suggest hitting the web to see the price diff from where you aree compared to NY.

Also, go to the dealer and tell them you would like to buy thru them bust must pick it up in NY and see what they say....

It is possible to do that, the delivering dealer will likely charge you for delivery paperwork and dealer prep. They basically get credit for a sold vehicle and it didn't take them any time or effort to do it. Your dealer is sending them a check for the cost of the vehicle, keeping the profit, and the NY dealer gets paid for doing paperwork. HOWEVER, and this is a big HOWEVER, it is something a NY dealer is doing as a favor to your dealer in St. Louis and not something they HAVE to do. So they might do it, they might not. They could just sell the vehicle to you (when you get there) or someone else in NY and keep all the profit.

There is also a possibility that there are dealerships operating in various states that could accomodate your wish. Check out the internet or check out local dealers if they have ties in the immediate area of your final destination. Good Luck.

Latest posts